Many Aspiro students have had a history of academic struggle that have undoubtedly contributed to other behavioral/emotional struggles. Academics is provided at Aspiro for two primary reasons:
- The academic work is a part of the overall functional assessment. It allows our treatment team to better understand and observe how a student learns, processes information, organizes tasks and more.
- Aspiro students have the opportunity to earn actual course credit that can be transferred to any accredited school.
Possible Credits Earned
- Language Arts 1/2 credit
- PE 1/2 credit (can be doubled to 1 credit based on the length of stay)
- Outdoor Living. 1/2 credit
- Mental Health 1/4 credit (can be doubled to 1/2 credit based on the length of stay)
- Geology 1/4 credit